Valentines Day is about love and caring for one another and those who are alone often feel left out. There are some things that single people can do on Valentines Day to feel more loved and cherished and some things that they can do together to feel more accepted as the single person that they are. These are great because no one should be alone at this time of year.
If you are lucky enough to have a special someone this Valentines Day then you will need to find a great way to spend the day together with your loved one. You should choose something that you will both enjoy immensely. This is one day that should not be about sacrifice, it should be about being together and enjoying each other's company. If you spend the day doing something that you don't like then you are not going to be having much fun right?
Start Valentines Day out right
Write your lover a love note. This will get the day going to a perfect start. If you live together put it on his or her pillow so it is the first thing they see when they wake up. Or perhaps serve it with a nice breakfast in bed. If you do not see each other in the mornings then have it delivered, perhaps with flowers. It does not have to be a long love note, just a few lines in the form of a poem, or not, just to let them know how you feel.
If you are not good at writing then you can try making a short list of your favorite things about the other person. Under each favorite thing you could have a short explanation of why you love that about them so much. This is always a hit and it is as sweet as all get out.
Make the gift interesting
If you want to give a more traditional gift that is fine, just make the delivery is unique. One of the best ideas is to set up a wonderful scavenger hunt for the gifts. You can put little clues around the house to help lead your partner to the special Valentines Day gifts. Or, you could tie a piece of string to each gift. This is a cute and amusing idea. If you have a few different gifts all the string will be funny and sweet!
Make dinner instead of going out
You could make your partner a special dinner in as opposed to going out for Valentines Day. This is a thoughtful and special way to spend the dinner portion of the evening. You may also want to make the dinner together. This can be a lot of fun and I am sure that you and your partner will have a load of laughs making the food. You can both make your favorite foods this way.
Here are a few Valentines Day gift ideas that are personal and inexpensive...
These might inspire you to reach a little further to make somebody's day one they will never forget.
1. Write a love letter and attach it to your present - this way you're not just signing your name to something someone else wrote. (If you want to add to that you can spray the envelope with a romantic scent to create the mood).
2. Make a coupon book - you can get as creative as you want! Coupons for a Kiss, a Hug, a Dinner, a special Lunch, and a Personal favor…etc.
3. Valentines Day treasure hunt - leave notes with clues your special someone can follow that will lead them to a special treasure.
4. Put together a basket - with a theme of course, filled with treasures like candles, wine and other trinkets.
5. Turn a picture into a painting - you can have a painting created from a photo done right at your local photo developing studio.
6. Valentine Love Plaque - cards gets stored in drawers and boxes but a plaque hangs on a wall or shelf where it can be read everyday.
Whatever way you choose to celebrate the holiday make it count for something special. Get inspired, be inventive, and most importantly, give from the heart